2. Why one walks in a circle
while to train Ba Gua Zhang?
The energy of the Universe has a circular movement. To walk inside
a static circle in Ba Gua Zhang has the purpose of connecting
one to the energy of the Universe; there are two circular movements
in the Ba Gua Zhang.
a) one walks in a circle,
b) one’s body move in a circular manner.
3. Can one feel the energy by training Ba Gua Zhang?
Yes, for Ba Gua Zhang is internal Kung Fu. All the internal styles
use internal energy.
4. How long one needs to train Ba Gua Zhang before
one reaches a good level?
There are three levels:
• Basic level: The student learn the forms. For instance: the
• Intermediate level: The student learns to combine strength with
the movements of the form.
• Advanced level: Both strength and energy are visible in the
The length of time depends on the individual conditions of each
student, but it can be roughly said that the basic level is completed
after one year of continuous training.
In Bagua Zhang there is no “end”. The learning period is endless.
5. What is the use of knowing the Ba Gua Zhang?
Ba Gua Zhang can be used:
• to fight: one approaches the adversary in a circular fashion,
always changing directions.
• to maintain a good health: since one walks in a static circle
in both directions and seeks to connect oneself with, one Works
and develops both sides of one’s body and mind, thus obtaining
physical and spiritual harmony and balance.
it necessary to have trained Qong Fu before one can learn Ba Gua
No. It is even better not to know any other Qong Fu style, for
Ba Gua Zhang differs greatly from them.
founded Ba Gua Zhang and how long ago?
Ba Gua Zhang exists for one hundred years and was founded in China
by Dong Hei Chuan, of Beijing.
many forms are there in the Ba Gua Zhang and what weapons does
There are 64 forms. The weapons used are the sword, the spear,
the stick, the sabre, and the chain.
the difference between Ba Gua Zhang and Tai Ji Quan (Tai-Chi)?
At a deeper level, one can say there’s no difference, for both
are internal styles. The difference can be